- This event has passed.
Communicating and Partnering with Parents (Hybrid Training)
February 29, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am EST$37.50
THIS IS A HYBRID TRAINING – 2 hours will be completed face to face with 1 additional hour of practical application being completed within 10 days after the training. Participants will be provided instructions at the training event.
In this workshop we’ll be talking about the how’s and why’s of effective teacher/parent communication, some of the key ingredients for effective parent communication, the importance of positive teacher/parent partnerships, techniques you can use when dealing with unhappy parents and some tips to encourage parents to get more involved in your program. We’ll also be using some tools to help us assess where we are personally in our journey toward communicating with and partnering more effectively with the parents of the children in our care.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
– List 4 P’s for effective parent communication
– List 3 ideas for positive two-way communication
– Use the S O F T E N formula
– List 5 tips for partnering with parents
– list 5 techniques for difficult conferences
– List a few ‘cool’ tips for ‘hot’ situations