Child Care Assistance Program

Applicants who meet the criteria and income limits in the chart below may be eligible for this program to help working families with the cost of child care. Interested individuals may apply at their local Child Care Council of Kentucky office or online below. Please check the following websites for updates and more detailed information:

To be eligible for the Child Care Assistance Program you must meet the following criteria; 

  • Resident of Kentucky; and the child must be a U.S. citizen or qualified alien; and
  • Has employment an average twenty (20) hours per week for a single parent and forty (40) hours combined for a couple; or
  • Have a child protective or preventive services authorization; or
  • Is participating in the Kentucky Works Program; or
  • A teen parent attending high school or pursuing a general equivalency degree (GED).
  • Has a child under age of thirteen (13); or Nineteen (19) and is physically or mentally incapable of caring for himself.
  • NEW: Homeless households are eligible for expedited services.
  • At or below gross income in chart* below.

CCAP INCOME LIMIT CHART (Effective April 1st, 2017)

Click here for a printable version of this chart

Family Size Annual Income Limit Monthly Income Limit 
2 $25,984 $2,165
3 $32,672 $2,723
4 $39,360 $3,280
5 $46,048 $3,837
6 $52,736 $4,395
7 $59,424 $4,952
8 $66,112 $5,509

* For families with more than eight (8) people, please view our printable chart

Funded in whole or in part from federal, CHFS, or other state funds