Child Care Assistance Claims

What do I do if I have a Claim?
Contact Claims Department at 800-809-7076 to set up a monthly payment arrangement.

Where do I send payments?
Payments cannot be made over the phone or online at this time. Payments must be in the form of a check or money order (no cash) payable to : Kentucky State Treasurer and mailed to:
Cabinet for Health and Family Services
Department of Community Based Services
Claims Management Section
275 E Main 3E-I Frankfort KY 40621

Please include your social security number and note: Child Care Repayment on the memo line.

How to avoid a claim:
Always check information given at application (or redetermination) for accuracy.
Remember to report changes timely. Changes can be reported online, by phone or in the office.

Changes you should report:
Change in employment; self employment status
Increase or Decrease in hours worked
Increase or Decrease in Pay
Change of Employer
Change in Household Size
Change in Marital Status
Change in Work or School Schedule
Start or End of Educational Activity
Changes in unearned income (r.e. Child Support, SSI, Social Security)

Failure to report changes timely, withholding information, or providing false information could lead to an Intentional Program Violation which can include a 3 month disqualification for the first violation, 6 month disqualification for the second violation, and permanent disqualification for the third violation. Remember, if you receive benefits you are not eligible to receive, including errors made by our agency, you are required to pay those benefits back.

What should I do if I am delinquent in making a payment on my claim?
Contact our office at 800-809-7076

Funded in whole or in part from federal, CHFS, or other state funds